All of Kitty Hawk Watersports’ sailboats are Hobie Cats — the No. 1 recreational sailboat in the world. Step into the cockpit with assurance, knowing you’ll be in control of a safe, well-maintained vessel. *Note: Sailboats must be skippered by an experienced sailor. Our sailboat rental choices include the following:
12′ Hobie Bravo Sailboat
Measuring 12 feet in length, the Bravo has a large sail that’s good for light breezes as well as strong winds. This one- to two-person sailboat is an excellent choice for both seasoned sailors and landlubbers.
13′ Hobie Wave Sailboat
At 13 feet, the Wave was designed to mix speed, agility, and stability. Spacious enough for four but compact enough to be easily controlled by a crew of one, this boat is the perfect size.
16′ Hobie Getaway Sailboat
More than 15.5 feet in length, this sailboat has room for six so don’t forget to bring family and friends.
Set Sail for Adventure
The Outer Banks is all about the water. Our 200 miles of islands and beaches invite visitors to leave dry land for a chance to encounter dolphins, whales, and other sea creatures. Longing to hoist an anchor and head for the horizon? We’ll let you in on a little secret: Our sailboat rentals are located near milepost 16 on Roanoke Sound — where the high winds and shallow waters create one of the best sailing spots around. Reserve a Hobie Cat sailboat today, or give us a call at (252) 441-2756 to learn more.
What to Know when Renting a Sailboat
- Choose the vessel that best fits your needs and abilities.
- Decide how long to keep the sailboat. All rental periods start at one hour.
- Bring family and friends along to share in the adventure.
More Than Just Sailboats
Kitty Hawk Watersports doesn’t just rent sailboats, so if traveling at the whim of the wind doesn’t appeal, we encourage you to explore our other watersports activities and services:
- Other rentals —Take a break from sunbathing and get active on the water by renting jet skis, parasails, kayaks, surfboards, stand-up paddleboards, or bikes.
- Watersports lessons — In addition to sailing, we offer instruction in stand-up paddleboarding.
- Guided tours — Explore the Outer Banks’ natural amenities with tours conducted on jet skis, kayaks, and motor boats.
- Repairs, service — Our experienced mechanics also repair and service jet skis, if you have your own toys.
The best way to see Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, and the rest of the Outer Banks is from the water—whatever your mode of transportation. For more information on sailboat rentals or other equipment at Kitty Hawk Watersports, call us today at (252) 441-2756 or make a reservation online.