Been dying to see dolphins frolicking around the Outer Banks? Get yourself to Kitty Hawk Watersports and we’ll show you where to look. Those fascinating creatures can be hard to find, but our guides know the prime locations for dolphin activity so you’ll get the close-up view you want. (Hint: the waters around Nags Head and Kitty Hawk are pretty popular.) Contact us at (252) 441-2756 today to make a reservation for one of our dolphin tours.
Outer Banks Dolphin Tours
Our two-hour guided dolphin tours are available from mid-May through mid-September, but we increase their frequency during peak dolphin season in July and August. Other basics worth noting include:
- Hours — We offer four dolphin tours each weekday during July and August and two tours each Saturday. Our tours do not operate on Sundays except for during holiday weekends. Call (252) 441-2756 for specific times.
- Vessel — Our boat has shaded space for up to 45 passengers. Reservations for private parties are available as well.
- Location — Dolphin tours set sail from Wanchese Marina in Wanchese, NC.
- Dolphins — Because dolphins live together in large groups called pods, there’s a good chance that we’ll see multiple dolphins fishing, splashing, and socializing. They are wild animals, though, so we keep a safe distance that’s close enough for a meaningful encounter.
- Guarantee — We’re so confident you’ll see dolphins that if we don’t have any sightings, we will give you a second voyage for free.
Picture-Perfect Dolphin Encounters
Dolphins are among the most intelligent animals on the planet, and their biology and social behaviors capture our imaginations and curiosity. But it’s those smiles that keep us coming back. And when you get close enough to snap a picture of that distinctive grin on your dolphin tour, remember: They’re as curious about you as you are about them.
Other Tours and More
When your dolphin tour is over, ask about our other tour options that include kayak tours, jet ski tours, and banana boat tours too. The experienced guides at Kitty Hawk Watersports have the expertise needed to take you on an unforgettable journey. We want you to make the most of your Outer Banks experience, whether that means renting equipment, taking lessons, or even buying a sailboat. Call (252) 441-2756 today to start making memories.