Windsurfing combines the adventure and style of surfing with the strategy of sailing. And because the Outer Banks is one of the best windsurfing venues on the Atlantic coast, it’s a popular choice among people looking for a challenging, fun activity in the water. Call Kitty Hawk Watersports at (252) 441-2756 today to make your reservation for windsurfing lessons near Nags Head and Kitty Hawk.
Learn How to Windsurf
• A rental board and rig
• An introduction to basic wind theory
• Simulator practice to accustom you to windsurfing before you try it
• A guided windsurfing session in Roanoke Sound
A windsurfing lesson from one of our expert instructors guides you through all the basics needed for a proper introduction to the sport. We’ll take you through a few manageable steps, and then you’ll be on your way to enjoying the serene breeze and thrilling waves. Individual lessons include 1.5 hours of instruction, and our group lessons last two hours.
Take advantage of our rental equipment and find out why more people are hooked on windsurfing. Just let us know what you need, and we’ll set you up with any of these windsurfing options:
- A board with the sail rig (everything you need to go windsurfing)
- Just a board if you already have the rig
- Just the rig if you’re bringing your own board
- A three-hour rental session, or a full day of windsurfing fun
Our Roberto Ricci Design boards and Ezzy sails are high-quality brand names, so you’re getting good equipment when you rent from Kitty Hawk Watersports. Choose from a variety of options, including:
- Longboards — Try the boards that popularized the sport in the 1980s.
- Tandem boards — Enjoy the sport with a friend on a board built for two.
The Ultimate Outer Banks
Once you’ve caught the windsurfing bug, dive deeper into its core components by taking our lessons in surfing and sailing. We also provide instruction in kiteboarding and stand-up paddleboarding. At Kitty Hawk Watersports, we are committed to meeting all your Outer Banks recreation needs. Among our other offerings: guided tours, sailboat sales, and jet ski service. Contact us today at (252) 441-2756 to find out more.